If you’re interested in learning how to be a classical woodcarver, check out our School of Classical Woodcarving. We’ve just added classes for spring 2017, running from February 11 to February 17. All classes are held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m at 161 Greenfield Ave. San Rafael, CA 94901. Visit our woodcarving school section for more details!
Two-Day Weekend Class – $395
- December 3-4, 2016 —SOLD OUT. JOIN THE WAIT LIST!
- February 11-12, 2017 — SPACE AVAILABLE. SIGN UP NOW!
- Designed for students just getting started in woodcarving. This practical weekend course will assist you in the control and use of chisels and gouges while concentrating on classical foliage. If you have studied with us before, please contact us to discuss a more challenging syllabus.
Five-Day Weekday Class – $895
- December 5-9, 2016 — SPACE AVAILABLE. SIGN UP NOW!
- February 13-17, 2017 — SPACE AVAILABLE. SIGN UP NOW!
- This five-day course emphasizes the skills necessary for professional woodcarving. These include time-saving techniques, understanding structure efficiently and accurately, and sharpening tools. For the first day or two, you will carve the acanthus leaf to gain a better understanding of the basic carving principles. For the remainder of the course, instruction is individualized—you will work at your own pace on projects of your choice.
Seven-Day Full Week Class – $1195