We offer the following links to inspire and educate. None of these links were paid for and their inclusion does not imply endorsement. If you’d like us to consider adding your organization or publication to this list, please contact us.
Articles and other media featuring Agrell Architectural Carving:
- Six Fears and Myths About the Woodcarving Industry—www.ecclesiasticalandheritageworld.co.uk
- Ornament for Worship: The Craft of Wood Carving—www.sacredarchitecture.org
- Re-Carving History—www.traditional-building.com
- Glamorous Gesture in London—www.architecturaldigest.com
- The Restoration of Bishop Sherlock’s Room, Fulham Palace, London—www.aschb.org.uk (Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings)
- Ecclesiastical Woodcarving: Still Possible Today—www.newliturgicalmovement.org
- Master Carvers: Carving Out an Enviable Reputation—www.ecclesiasticalandheritageworld.co.uk
- Against The Grain: Lessons From My Father’s Workshop—www.popularmechanics.com
- Carving an Award-Winning Organ Case in Saint Paul, Minnesota—Church Building & Heritage Review (PDF)
- Working With Ornamental Mouldings—Ecclesiastical and Heritage World (PDF)
- Why Ecclesiastical Carving is Important to the Work I Do —Ecclesiastical and Heritage World (PDF)
- How We Helped Create a Modern-Day Masterpiece—Ecclesiastical and Heritage World (PDF)
- Watch: Time-lapse video showing the installation of the organ case for the Cathedral of Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Watch: Advertising campaign for Glenmorangie featuring Ian Agrell
- Pictorial tour of the Cathedral of the Madeleine, Salt Lake City
- Utah.gov on the woodcarving and plasterwork at the Governor’s Mansion
Recommended books and publications:
- Dover Publications is a fabulous resource for classical design books.
- Ecclesiastical and Heritage World—www.ecclesiasticalandheritageworld.co.uk
- Traditional Building Magazine—www.traditional-building.com
- Period Homes Magazine—www.period-homes.com
- The Building Conservation—www.buildingconservation.com
- Church Building & Heritage Review—www.churchbuilding.co.uk
- Architectural Digest—www.architecturaldigest.com
- The Heritage Directory—www.theheritagedirectory.co.uk
- The World of Interiors—www.worldofinteriors.co.uk
Organizations and societies that support, educate, and advocate for classical architecture and woodcarving:
- The Institute for Sacred Architecture—www.sacredarchitecture.org
- Ornapedia, a free online library of decorative arts—www.ornapedia.org
- Sacred Liturgy & Liturgical Arts—www.newliturgicalmovement.org
- Institute of Classical Architecture—www.classicist.org
- Association for Studies in the Conservation of Historic Buildings—www.aschb.org.uk
- The Georgian Group—www.georgiangroup.org.uk
- ICON (The Institute of Conservation)—www.icon.org.uk
Learn how to carve:
- Throughout the year, Master Carver Ian Agrell teaches woodcarving classes that focus on the art of classical hand-carving.
- Check out our list of recommended woodcarving books.
- You’ll find decent woodcarving tools at Woodcraft Supply.
- Search for articles written by Ian Agrell for www.finewoodworking.com.